Canister vacuums have been popular for many years because of their versatile design that allows for easy maneuvering around furniture and other obstacles. They also have a wide variety of attachments to make them ideal for cleaning carpets.
Our Top Picks At A Glance
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canister vacuum for carpet and choose the one you like the most.
Latest Deals You Might Like
6 Best Canister Vacuum For Carpet You Should Consider In 2022
- POWERFINS TECHNOLOGY: Provide continuous cleaning contact, digging deep into carpets and directly engaging floors.
- NO HAIR WRAP: Self-cleaning brushroll delivers powerful pet hair pickup without wrapping hair.
- FLEXIBLE WAND: MultiFLEX technology allows you to bend the wand to clean under furniture, or fold it over for compact, freestanding storage.
- ANTI-ALLERGEN COMPLETE SEAL: Traps and seals over 99.9% of dust, dander, and allergens inside the vacuum, keeping them out of the air you breathe. (*based on ASTM F1977, down to .3 microns.)
- MANEUVERABLE, COMPACT CANISTER: The compact canister is built with Smooth Glide wheels to effortlessly glide behind you from room to room as you clean.
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Multipurpose design w/swivel head cleans all areas and surfaces in your home, den, kitchen, car and garage.Suction power(hose end) ≥183W. Number of Amps 12
- POWERFUL CLEANING: 2-motor system excels in suction strength and includes 2 floor nozzles with exclusive Pop-N-Go floor brush. 3 additional attachments are included: crevice tool, dirt brush and bare floor tool
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter traps 99. 97% of dirt, trapping dirt inside the vacuum
- PET POWERMATE & POP-N-GO BRUSH: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, and dirt quickly from surfaces. Eliminates hair from tangling around the brush.Stores inside vacuum, attaches to handle and wand in a snap for bare floor cleaning
- ALUMINUM TELESCOPING WAND: Adjustable lightweight wand lengthens to an extended reach of 10. ' to access difficult areas. Lightweight at 22. 6 lbs, 28' cord is retractable, accessories and attachments fit within vac
- Innovative Multi-Surface Vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes 3 settings: Carpet, Upholstery and Hard Floors
- Lightweight And Easy To Maneuver: Vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand
- 2.5L Dust Container, No Maintenance Costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go
- 2-In-1 Integrated Crevice Tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush
- Easy-To-Use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a 1 button release for easy dust cup emptying
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently.Wattage : 120 watts
- ALUMINUM TELESCOPING WAND: Adjustable lightweight wand lengthens to an extended reach of 9' to access difficult areas. Detachable handle is perfect for cleaning furniture, car interior, and tight spaces
- TRIPLE HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99. 97% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum, reducing the number of allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- LIGHTWEIGHT AND MANEUVERABLE: At less than 20 pounds, this lightweight design, with swivel head, is easy to maneuver
- 3 ATTACHMENTS: Dusting brush, crevice tool and second bare floor tool
- Dust bag capacity is up to 2.5 liters. Lightweight & Lifetable Conveniently: The lightweight vacuum cleaner at less than 9 lbs. allows you to carry it around the whole house.
- Whole Home Cleaning: The lightweight vacuum cleaner at less than 9 lbs. allows you to carry it around the entire house.
- Powerful Cleaning: The 10-amp motor provides continuous, powerful suction for deep cleanings.
- Messy-free Dust Bag Replacement: With the replaceable the dust bag, collect dust and pet hair easily
- Clean More than Carpet: With 2 extension wands and 2 specialty attachments, this vacuum can easily dust furniture, reach high ceilings, get under car seats and in crevices and corners where traditional upright vacuums can’t reach.
- Powerful Multipurpose Cleaning: The efficient brushless motor of the Aspiron canister vacuum cleaner generates over 455AW/23.5Kpa of strong suction for vacuuming dust, dirt, pet hair, and more
- Three-Stage Filtration: Central cyclonic filtration system separates dust from the air; a fully sealed system with HEPA-H10 inlet filter traps fine dust, and particles expelled clean air through the outlet sponge - No worries of secondary pollution or allergy.
- Versatile Applications: The Aspiron canister vacuum cleaner features a universal floorhead for low-pile carpet and hard floors, and 4 standard accessories including a crevice nozzle, small dust brush, pet powermate attachment, and upholstery brush
- 3.7QT Large Dust Cup: No extra cost of buying or replacing dust bags thanks to the bagless and washable design; 3.7QT large dust cup reduces how often you must empty it and improves cleaning efficiency compared to standard 2.6QT small-capacity dust cups
- COMPACT DESIGN: Created to be small and powerful, this household vacuum is easy to maneuver and store. Features an extremely convenient height adjustment and storage thanks to the comfortable telescopic wand and automatic cord rewind.
Are Canister Vacuums Good For Carpet?
Canister vacuums are good for carpets because they have a wide cleaning path and tend to have more suction than upright vacuums. Additionally, the hose and wand on a canister vacuum make it easy to clean tight spaces and corners.
What Should I Look For In A Canister Vacuum?
The most important features to look for in a canister vacuum are its suction power and its filters. You’ll also want to make sure that the canister vacuum is easy to maneuver and has a long cord.
What Is The Easiest Vacuum To Push On Carpet?
The easiest vacuum to push on carpet is a canister vacuum.
What Is The Advantage Of A Canister Vacuum?
Canister vacuum cleaners offer more power than upright models and can be easier to maneuver around furniture.
There are a variety of factors to consider when purchasing a canister vacuum for carpet. Price, features, and brand are just a few of the important aspects to look at when making a purchase. After researching the best canister vacuums for carpet, it is clear that the Dyson Ball Animal 2 is the top choice. It is affordably priced, has an abundance of features, and is a well-known and trusted brand.