A canister vacuum cleaner is a vacuum cleaner that uses an electric motor to drive a brush and roller system that cleans the floor, and a canister that holds the dust and dirt collected. Canister vacuum cleaners are typically more powerful than upright vacuum cleaners and are better suited for cleaning floors with attachments.
Which Are The Best Canister Vacuum For Hardwood Floors From Our Choice
If you don’t have enough time, check out this shortlist of the best canister vacuum for hardwood floors and choose the one you like the most.
More Product Deals Recommendations
Top 8 Best Canister Vacuum For Hardwood Floors You Should Go For In 2022
- INCLUDES bagged vacuum cleaner with bag, filter set, rug and floor tool great for hair, pets, hard floor and area rugs, a dusting brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool for edge cleaning and sturdy 360 swivel hose
- DUAL CERTIFIED HEPA FILTRATION with HEPA Media Filter and Bag filters 99.97% of particles .3 microns or larger helping to keep the air you breathe clean; to keep Jill running at her best, we recommend replacing the vacuum bag and filters regularly
- VERSATILE lightweight 9lb canister, easy to wheel or carry making her a great vacuum for stairs, plus auto rewind cord storage
- POWERFUL SUCTION includes 1200 watts, 120 volts and packs a mighty punch
- ADJUSTABLE SUCTION switch is located on the extendable wand for convenience; Household cleaners love having one of the strongest suction vacuum cleaners, but not so much on areas like curtains; Jill allows you to slow her down when needed to resolve a variety of dusty messes
- BAGGED CANISTER VACUUM: Designed to clean all areas and surfaces of your entire home, den, kitchen, car or garage quickly and efficiently with multiple attachment tools and swivel head
- PET POWERMATE: Motorized attachment lifts stubborn pet hair, dander and dirt quickly from surfaces. Unique design eliminates hair from tangling around the brush
- ENHANCED CLEANING: 2-motor system powers the Exclusive CrossOver floor nozzle switches quickly from hardwood to carpeting with ease. LED light will illuminate when bag is full
- HEPA FILTER SYSTEM: Enhanced HEPA filter system traps 99.7% of debris, trapping dander and dust inside the vacuum reducing allergy-induced pollutants in the room
- TELESCOPING ALUMINUM WAND: Adjustable wand is lightweight and lengthens to an extended reach of 11'. Detachable handle is perfect for thoroughly cleaning furniture, car interior, and tight spaces. Cleaning width - 14 inches
- Innovative Multi-Surface vacuum: Deep clean with the whirlwind canister vacuum. This vacuum features an integrated airflow control on the handle that can be easily switched at your fingertips. It includes three settings: carpet, upholstery and hard floors..Voltage:120 volts.Wattage : 960 watts.Noise Level : 82 decibels
- 1.2L dust container, no maintenance costs: No bags or filters required. The whirlwind has a Bagless design and uses washable filters. Rinse the filters as needed and you’re ready to go.
- Lightweight and easy to maneuver: vacuum anywhere around your home with ease with this lightweight vacuum. The Eureka whirlwind vacuum cleaner weighs less than 8 pounds and can easily maneuver under and around furniture and stairs thanks to its swivel steering and telescoping metal Wand.
- 2-In-1 integrated crevice tool: The Eureka whirlwind canister vacuum features a crevice tool integrated into the hose handle so it’s at your fingertips whenever you need it and will never get lost. Easily disconnect the handle from the hose and then you can switch between a crevice tool and a dusting brush.
- Easy-to-use: Spend more time cleaning and less time struggling with your vacuum cleaner. The Eureka whirlwind has automatic cord Rewind, saving your valuable time. The whirlwind has a one-button release for easy dust cup emptying.
- Multi-Cyclonic Technology for excellent suction for longer. Power Cord Length: 18 feet , Hose Length -7 inches
- Hard floor Turbine foot is tough on dirt, gentle on your floors. Power Rating: 9.2 amps. Cleaning Path Width : 11 Inch
- Multi-surface foot for excellent pickup on Area rugs and carpeted floors in your home
- The easy empty dirt tank opens from the bottom for no-mess disposal. Brush System: Rotating Clear Window
- Compact and lightweight design for easy carrying and storage. Dirt Cup Capacity : 67.6 fluid Ounce
- Water-based vacuum technology - Forget about dealing with clogs and messy vacuum bags. Sirena uses water to trap dust and dirt. Clean your home with 100% efficiency.
- Two speed modes - Sirena can be used on LOW speed to water-wash and aromatize the air inside the room. Or used on HIGH speed as a regular vacuum cleaner.
- Six vacuum attachments - A motorized power nozzle is great for carpets. A Floor Brush for hardwood and tile. An Upholstery Brush, Crevice Tool, Dusting Brush, and an Inflation Tool are included.
- 10 Year warranty - Enjoy the industry-leading 10-year warranty on the motor when you purchase directly from the manufacturer. You also receive 3 years on parts and a year on labor!
- The Sirena Premium pack includes the following bonus items: two Twister Air purifying essential oil diffusers, Turbo Brush, Fragrance Pack, Ocean Breeze Deodorizer, Multifloor tool and replacement HEPA Filter.
- VERSATILE USE: Vacuuming has never been easier. Perfect for cleaning on hard floors and carpet, as well as above floor cleaning with the included tools, the BB1200’s powerful bagged performance keeps dirt from escaping back into the air.
- HEPA FILTRATION: The vacuum uses a HEPA inner bag combined with an AirClean filter, capturing at least 99. 97% of particles at 0. 3 microns from the air, including pollen, house dirt, smoke, pet dander and spores.
- PORTABLE DESIGN: Weighing less than 5. 5 pounds, the BB1200 Vacuum is easy to carry or wear over your shoulder with its adjustable strap for easy maneuverability. It also features a 20- foot power cord that wraps around the bottom to stay out of your way.
- DOUBLES AS A BLOWER: With a switch of the hose, you can go from vacuuming dirt to blowing away dirt particles in your garage, home or work space to ensure you efficiently clean every nook and cranny in any location.
- INCLUDED TOOLS: With a flexible hose, telescopic extension wand and on-board tools, you can conveniently clean objects above the floor. Vacuum hard-to-reach areas, cracks, crevices, upholstery, ceiling fans and more with ease.
- MULTI-SURFACE USE: Safe to use on all floor types including hardwood, vinyl, laminate and tile
- 50% MORE DIRT PICKUP: Microfiber cleaning pad picks up 50% more dirt and dust per swipe than traditional mops
- WON'T HARM SURFACES: Non-scratch scrubber for stubborn spots
- REFILLABLE BOTTLE: 22 ounce refillable bottle allows you to mix your own solution
- EASY TO USE: Simply fill the bottle with hot water and two teaspoons of your favorite cleaning solution and you’re ready to mop
- Powerful Multipurpose Cleaning: The efficient brushless motor of the Aspiron canister vacuum cleaner generates over 455AW/23.5Kpa of strong suction for vacuuming dust, dirt, pet hair, and more
- Three-Stage Filtration: Central cyclonic filtration system separates dust from the air; a fully sealed system with HEPA-H10 inlet filter traps fine dust, and particles expelled clean air through the outlet sponge - No worries of secondary pollution or allergy.
- Versatile Applications: The Aspiron canister vacuum cleaner features a universal floorhead for low-pile carpet and hard floors, and 4 standard accessories including a crevice nozzle, small dust brush, pet powermate attachment, and upholstery brush
- 3.7QT Large Dust Cup: No extra cost of buying or replacing dust bags thanks to the bagless and washable design; 3.7QT large dust cup reduces how often you must empty it and improves cleaning efficiency compared to standard 2.6QT small-capacity dust cups
- COMPACT DESIGN: Created to be small and powerful, this household vacuum is easy to maneuver and store. Features an extremely convenient height adjustment and storage thanks to the comfortable telescopic wand and automatic cord rewind.
Are Canister Vacuums Good For Hardwood Floors?
Canister vacuums can be good for hardwood floors, but they should not be used on unfinished wood floors. Canister vacuums are a good choice for cleaning tight spaces and reaching high places.
What Kind Of Vacuum Do You Use On Hardwood Floors?
I use a vacuum with a beater bar and soft bristles to clean my hardwood floors.
Do Canister Vacuums Have Better Suction?
Canister vacuums typically have more suction than upright vacuums. This is because the motor and dustbin are located away from the floor, which allows for greater airflow.
Does Vacuuming Damage Hardwood Floors?
No, vacuuming does not damage hardwood floors. In fact, vacuuming is an effective way to clean floors and remove dirt, dust, and other debris. However, it is important to use a soft-bristled brush attachment and to avoid using excessive pressure when vacuuming.
Canister vacuums are great for hardwood floors because they have a low profile that prevents them from scratching or denting the surface. Additionally, they have a variety of attachments that can be used to clean tight spaces and corners.